In order to create a better future, we urge all people to dream of possibilities, write them down, and share them with others.
Stories to Change the World is a short story contest for youth and adults which builds the body of literature depicting positive and possible futures. It also empowers youth as grassroots organizers.
You can be part of cash prizes, publication, and a chance to influence what may be. It’s fun to write stories and the world needs a lot of them. You are welcome to write with us.
Format: Short Fiction
Prompt: A household living in a positive and possible future
Length: 700-1,100 words
Deadline: February 28th, 2017
– Youth Winner $250
– Adult Winner $250
– Four runners-up $50
– Publication: 20 people will have their stories published
Stories will be judged on creativity, practicality, and writing strength.
- Email your short story as a Microsoft Word file.
- Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use “Stories to Change the World” as the subject.
- Include name, phone number.
- Let is know if you are entering as a youth or adult.
- In order for us to use your story for publication add “I, _________ , give Create Plenty permission to use my submitted story for commercial use.” in your email.